Tomorrow, I am driving to Jackson, TN to meet my mother and pick up my 3 beautiful children. I miss them so much! It was so nice getting things done around the house that needed to be done and it was wonderful having my husband all to myself for the week, but it's time for our family to be together again. My kids have done so well while they were there in Little Rock and I can't help but be in complete awe of how God continues to work in their little hearts. Aaron and I pray and pray that we are raising them right. We are the foremost of sinful parents and no one needs God's grace in this area more than we do! Sometimes we wonder if we are doing the right things. Here's what happened today that made cry and thank God for working through us: My mom took Jack to class at church this morning and sat with him for the first few minutes of class. He sat and played a little bit and then listened to the teacher as she taught about the rules in Bible class.
Teacher: Jack, do your mommy and daddy have rules at your house?
Jack: No.....But God does!
This is huge, because I don't ever want my kids to get the impression that Aaron and I are puffed up with pride in how WE want them to behave. I pray every day that they live to serve and please only God. Jack might not understand exactly what he's saying yet, but I'm thankful that he's starting to learn.
The girls have done well, too. Mom made them both "princess dresses" while they were there and they have worn those things out!! Riah has a hole in hers already. I'll have to get pictures from my parents and post them sometime this week.
On another note, I just have to post one more vegan recipe that I discovered today. It's for a Greek-style hummus and it is WONDERFUL!!
* 2 1/2 cups of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1/4 cup of tahini
* 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
* 2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 3/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon of oregano
* pinch of freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1/3 cup of water (if needed)
* parsley and olive oil to garnish
Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor except the chickpeas (and the parsley and oil for garnish) and blend for 5 seconds. Add the chick peas and blend on high until it reaches the the consistency of sour cream, but granular, about 10-15 seconds. If the dip is too thick but you don't want to add more lemon juice, add a little water slowly and blend until it reaches the correct consistency.
Pour into a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. (It can be eaten immediately, but becomes even more flavorful if left to chill well.)
Drizzle of olive oil over the top and add a garnish of parsley before serving. Serve with pita wedges and veggies (cucumbers are my fav with this recipe). This is super good for you and it's super fast! Most importantly, this tastes amazing!
Everybody have a great week! Pray for me tomorrow for my drive to and from Jackson, if you get the chance. I love you all!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Posted by Kate at 11:42 PM
Labels: child rearing, food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
God's rules, huh? That kid's starting to sound a lot like a pharisee. ; )
Absolutely kidding, of course. That might be the cutest & most encouraging thing ever. The story about Jack that is, not the recipe. But then again, I always skip the recipes, so it might be cute, too.
Post a Comment